Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Wednesday Wellness - Going to the Gym

I've taken karate.  I understand the function of a loud, strong "Ai-ya!"  It promotes breathing from the diaphragm and adds power to your move.  But what I sometimes hear at the gym is  more akin to the picture above. 
I've learned to wear ear buds, rather than listen to the testosterone-fueled vocalizations of young males.  But I do find it intriguing that older males don't make half as much noise - even when lifting just as much weight! :)
You'll see other funny things now and then.  Such as a woman on the exercise bike, watching Oprah, barely pedaling, and eating Doritos one after another - chip bag stuffed into the water bottle holder.  She apparently doesn't get thirsty!
Its also good to have a sense of humor about our own diet/exercise idiosynchrasies!  Heaven knows there are enough ways to get off track.  But a good sense of humor makes it easier to pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and get back on that horse. 
The following story offers some entertaining tips for doing just that.  I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did.  :)

No comments: