Search This Blog

Sunday, January 29, 2012

1000 Words Art Quilt Show


In honor of the play 1000 Words, the Madison (WI) quilt guild put together this collection of mini quilts - each depicting an image that would (presumably) take one thousand words to convey.   Pictured here are the quilts that "spoke" to me, though there were more to be seen.  I was able to get the title and credits in every picture, so if you click on it you can see for yourself who made it and what they called it.
I love the girl blowing a great big bubble gum bubble!
This one appealed to my immigrant roots.  I am the third generation to be born in this country, but my great grandparents' journeys have been told to me over and over.  This reminds me of my own family history.

I love the inner and outer borders!
Part of the story 1000 Words takes place during the Great Dust Bowl in Kansas. 
What a powerful depiction.

Here's an original idea!
Very bright and colorful!
These words are near and dear to any quilter's heart.
Hey!  THAT'S not a quilt! 

We were at the Madison Overture Center for two reasons, to see a performance by the Blue Man Group and to check out the quilt display.  The performers came out to the lobby and posed for pictures (for free, I might add) with assorted fans.  I couldn't resist throwing this picture in for fun.  :)

1 comment:

Judee said...

That must have been a wonderful show. Thanks for sharing!