Search This Blog

Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Things We Do For Love

A few weeks ago, when I learned both my sons planned to return home, I was just a tiny bit disappointed about losing my sewing space.  However, their plans changed every few days, so I held off on tearing things down.  One day before the big move, I finally packed up my projects, took down my design wall, and cleaned from stem to stern.  All was in order for the the boys' return.  I would go back to using my grandmother's sewing cabinet as I had for many years past.   It really looks kind of pitiful, doesn't it?  Ah well, the things we do for love.

I called DS1 to tell him he and his brother would need to dismantle the remaining table in his room because it was too big for one person (aka me).  That's when I learned that in the 11th hour, DS1 made other living arrangements - and would not be moving home after all.   I sat down right down on the front porch and laughed til I cried.

My sewing room is now so neat and orderly, I'm not sure where to start reassembling it - or how. 

When DS1 moved out I didn't do anything with his room for a few months.  Wanted to be sure he was happy with his new living arrangements.  Eventually I moved a little of this and a little of that into that room - but never had a plan as to how I'd set up my work space.  The cleaning and organizing I did in preparation for my son's return has provided an opportunity to step back and think this through.  Next week is the Wisconsin Public Television Quilt Show, and there will be speakers addressing how to manage your work space.  Will have to report back on what I learn!  :)

1 comment:

Judee said...

The title of your post says it all. As one who has been there, i understand your feelings. All will work out.