Friday, April 2, 2010
Winter's Song - Complete!
Well, here it is at last. I spent many months tracking down exactly the right shades of red for my birds. Though it was a challenge, I'm happy with the hand applique, tho some day I'd like to do another applique project by machine.
My original plan was to complete this earlier in the winter. But then I got sidetracked with a Christmas Tree Quilt, oragami bags, a Tranquility runner and a Valentine runner...so the winter quilt got done in spring. Still, I have it displayed in my living room because I'm seeing and hearing much cardinal activity...so we can enjoy them all year long.
With a litlle luck I'll have another quilt completed to share in the next day or two.
After that I'll reorganize a bit and start cutting what will be quilted picnic blanket. The beautiful weather has insired me to get more things done so I can go out to my flower bed and dig in the dirt.