Search This Blog

Friday, April 2, 2010

Winter's Song - Complete!


Well, here it is at last.  I spent many months tracking down exactly the right shades of red for my birds. Though it was a challenge, I'm happy with the hand applique, tho some day I'd like to do another applique project by machine.

My original plan was to complete this earlier in the winter.  But then I got sidetracked with a Christmas Tree Quilt, oragami bags, a Tranquility runner and a Valentine runner...so the winter quilt got done in spring.  Still, I have it displayed in my living room because I'm seeing and hearing much cardinal activity...so we can enjoy them all year long.

With a litlle luck I'll have another quilt completed to share in the next day or two.

After that I'll reorganize a bit and start cutting what will be quilted picnic blanket.  The beautiful weather has insired me to get more things done so I can go out to my flower bed and dig in the dirt.

2 comments:

SewCalGal said...

Gosh. This is beautiful. Love, love, love it. Inspirational. I want this quilt for my home. Did I say I love it!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Joanne said...

Your quilt looks so wonderful!!
Congratulations!! ♥