Search This Blog

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Picnic Quilt in EQ6


Reproduced my Picnic Quilt in EQ6 so I could see what different quilting patterns would look like.  I think I've settled on the one below.  The nine patch blocks will have diagonal stitching on the light sqauares.

The REAL picnic quilt is still  in four pieces, waiting for me to join them, select a backing and sandwich the quilt.  Too bad EQ6 can't do all that for me too!

I think there's a way to show the quilting pattern so that you can still see the original block.  Just haven't figured that out yet.  Efforts to reproduce my Sun and Wind quilt have been unsuccessful.  May try a new strategy though, I figured out how to do a hexagon...so maybe I can subdivide it.

1 comment:

Sue H said...

Hi, Chris ... and thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment! I love what you show on your blog. I've been working more and more with EQ6, and it's fun to see what you're working on.