Search This Blog

Monday, November 2, 2009

Why I Love Quilting

It's simple.  I love quilting because it has a beginning, a middle and an end.  Heavy emphasis on the lasting, concrete, visible results. 

Don't ya feel like so much of what we have to do is endless?  Housework, cooking, dishes, laundry, yard work, work work.  About the time you finish one task...several more that have piled up - patiently awaiting your attention.  They accumulate in the hamper, the sink and lurk in the back of your mind. 

Now that its November, my thoughts are turning to Thanksgiving...and what I can be thankful for.  I'm thankful for beautiful Wisconsin seasons and plant life to inspire quilt designs and color combinations, thankful for the gorgeous fabrics there are to choose from, thankful that my kids are old enough that I can be creative again without worrying about a baby picking up a dropped pin and putting it in their mouth.  Thankful that all the assorted contrivances we need to survive (car, furnace, plumbing, sewing machines, computers, etc.) are in good working order so I can do what I want and need to do each day.  Thankful I have a career I enjoy (even if it does interfere with quilting).  Thankful for all the wonderful people in my life (you know who you are).

All in all, life is good.  But right now, at this very minute, thank God for quilting, and concrete tangible results.  What a wonderful respite from the grind of every day life!

No comments: