Search This Blog

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Seasonal Denial Disorder



Here's today's accomplishment.  Very Autumn-y, don't you think?  Used up some leftover blocks, and made my own applique.  I know its simple, but sometimes less is more.  Still needs a little embroidery (vines).   This project is behind schedule, but I'm having fun with it.  Plus I'm making a statement:  It's important to set aside time to be thoughtful and thankful.

I don't want to believe Christmas and Old Man Winter are right around the corner.  I'm in denial, and I want to stay here a a little longer.  Can you blame me?  It's 50 degrees outside and the grass is still green.  Never-the-less, neighbors have put up Christmas lights, carols are playing in the stores, and holiday music has been on the radio since Nov. 1st.  Heck - in my mind, Nov. 1st is when you get to eat the extra Halloween candy!  LOL. 

If we go directly from Halloween to Christmas, its as if Thanksgiving doesn't even exist.  Now is the time to give thanks for what we have, and think of those less fortunate.  (If you are able, please donate to your local food pantry.)  No wonder I'm befuddled by the holiday glitz.  But it could be worse....my flowers are even MORE confused than I am - they think its Spring!  :)

No comments: