Search This Blog

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Stuff Happens

Autumn yardwork and activities have kept me away from quilting and blogging.  Regular exercise has also cut into my quilting time.  So I was really looking forward to a one-woman sew-in Friday night.  But it wasn't meant to be! 

Did a few minutes of sewing, when there was an awful clunk!  The needle snapped in half and the automatic plate converter broke right off.  Technically, it was my own fault.  But can't they invent a dummy-proof machine?  To add insult to injury, my garage door is acting up (and down).  I think its hyperactive. 

So what's a girl to do?  Meet a friend at the outlet mall, of course!  Every Christmas I say "Next year, I'll start shopping sooner."  Today I did it.  Got a few gifts and whole bunch of ideas. :)

2 comments:

Kerry said...

Life just always seems to get in the way! Sometimes it's just better to sit and sew...call it fabric therapy! And may I say - fancy machine!!! Oh la la!

Bethany said...

Did you get yours fixed?

Mine started acting up last week w/breaking thread while FMQ.

I haven't used the new foot or tried to sew with the machine since then. I was going to fiddle some more with the machine before I took it in.

Let me know how it goes.