Search This Blog

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Rose Bud Finish

This quilt is a tribute to the love between a grandmother and granddaughter.  Marlys, the grandmother, had a life long love for antiques and she loved to be with people.  When granddaughter Lauren was born, Marlys called her "my little rose bud."  Lauren's favorite colors were red and purple.  She grew up to have a generous nature.  All of this, I hope, is reflected in this quilt.  Marlys and Lauren both left this world too soon, but its a comfort to me to know they're together.  I like to think they're looking down and smiling! 

1 comment:

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your s kind comment. :-)

The fabric I used is by Windham. It's called Storybook VII.

http://www.baumtextile.com/cgi-bin/fabricshop/gallery.cgi?Category=400

I bought it at my local quilt shop. I live in Iowa.