Search This Blog

Thursday, August 5, 2010

New Toys

In my never-ending pursuit of a fitness program that's compatible with my lifestyle, budget, climate and sciatic nerve....I replaced my beat up pedometer, and picked up some walking poles.  A DVD came with the poles.  The fitness trainer made it look so easy - she even jogged with the poles!  You're supposed to use the poles with the natural swing of the arms.  Its more about pushing off than reaching ahead.  It took me a bit to get the hang of it, but it felt pretty natural by the end of my walk.  It definitely provides better balance, and takes some strain off the lower body, especially going uphill.  FYI - Walking poles at Gander Mountain are $150.00 a pair.  I got these at Target for $14.99.  If I like them, I can always upgrade later. :) 

1 comment:

bettyp said...

Good for you!!! Let us know how its going !!