Search This Blog

Friday, August 6, 2010

1930s Star Chain


I finally tracked down the quilt I'd seen at:  http://quilting.kimberlyeinmo.com/?p=2722.  It comes from Jelly Roll Quilts and More, by Kimberly Einmo.  GOTTA get that book! 

Couldn't resist the temptation to work it up (partially) in EQ6 with the 1930s look.  Einmo makes it with a strippy border - which I love.  It never occured to me to use a jelly roll - probably because I never have!  Usually when I try something new it takes extra time - but a jelly roll could be a big time saver.  Anybody know where I could find Einmo's book, or where I might find some 1930s jelly rolls?

My inner child is having fun thinking about the next project.  My inner adult keeps muttering, "Must finish rose bud quilt...Must finish rose bud quilt...Geez, just FINISH the dang quilt already!" 

Inner adults are no fun!  :)

No comments: