Search This Blog

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Tree Au Natural - Finis!


Scrambled to finish this quilt for Christmas, and Sew Cal Gal's Virtual Chrismas Quilt Show (http://sewcalgal.blogspot.com/2009/12/virtual-christmas-quilt-show.html).  Mission accomplished - with 68 minutes to spare! 

This project was inspired when I learned my youngest niece is "into" lime green....then Sew Cal Gal posted her VCQS challenge.  Since then, assorted family, friends and bloggers have contributed to the design process.  Thanks so much for your creative input.  When I look at this quilt, I'll think of each of you.

This quilt represents my large pine tree that houses cardinals, juncos, chick-a-dees, rabbits, squirrels, owls and who-knows-what-else!  Feeding and sheltering God's creatures is a Christmas tradition I enjoy.  Perhaps you will too, with the following tips from the National Wildlife Federation.

Winter Gardening Tips for Wildlife

1. Provide food for wildlife with native plants that offer acorns, berries and seeds.
2. Clean and fill your birdbath on a regular basis. Invest in a birdbath heater.
3. Anchor your old holiday tree in a secluded part of your yard. Wildlife will use it as shelter.
4. Provide additonal cover by composting needles, pinecones and wreaths from your holiday decorations.

Visit www.nwf.org/habitat for more information.






   


1 comment:

SewCalGal said...

Very cute. Thanks for sharing your quilt in my Virtual Christmas Quilt Show. I'll be randomly drawing winners shortly (after Christmas brunch). Good luck!

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas day!

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com