Search This Blog

Saturday, December 26, 2009

100th Christmas



My favorite gift - sharing Grandma's 100th Christmas.  Here she is in her Christmas duds, pearls and (of course) with her favorite purse.  Sure hope I look that good 51 years from now!

Took my Christmas Tree quilt to show her.  Her vision is fading, but she saw the tree, birds and animals, and felt the beadwork.  It's so gratifying to still be able share this - she taught me to do these things.


Other gifts - The first Beauty of Birds ornament to complete my collection, Blogging for Bliss, a squirrel-proof bird feeder, Bailey's Irish Cream and homemade Peppermint Citrus Sugar Scrub for tired hands & feet. 

Not pictured: Two hard cover books - America's Quilts and How to Make an American Quilt.  The latter is fiction - which intrigues me.  Will share more about these treasures in a future blog.

 


No comments: