Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Bottle Quilt Update

Ya know what I love about quilting?  Tangible results!

Had big plans for today - some of which encountered set backs.  But it allowed me to do some sewing.  And I DO love quilts that come together quickly!  I just forget about everything else.

This quilt is longer and more narrow than I envisioned.  I should probably have limited it to three rows, but I got carried away.  The instructions say that "bottling" is contagious.  So it would seem! 

The pattern is pinned to the design wall for comparison.  The original design has a better overall shape.  I may make 4 more bottles...or just making the outer black border wider on the sides than on the top and bottom. 

Dang - I WISH I had a 9 x 5 1/2" piece of blueberry fabric!  Now THAT would motivate me to make four more bottles! :)

No comments: