Search This Blog

Friday, November 11, 2011

Bethany Craft Fair 2011


Did you ever notice that a hot pad is really a small quilt?  I noticed because I had fabric to make 15 of them and have been quilting and binding like crazy for the craft fair day after tomorrow.  My progress was hindered by my good sewing machine jamming up so bad I can't run it at all.  I dug out my old Sears Kenmore, which needed tension adjustments.  This resulted in ripping and requilting.
Despite these setbacks, eleven hot pads are complete, four to go.

Once those are done I'll make a few more holiday themed origami bags to go with the 20+ bags that are packed up to go.  If you follow my blog, you may recall the Elvis bags and the pink ribbon bags.  Also have an assortment made from fat quarters that I had in my stash.
I had fun embellishing this bag with leftover pieces from the Quodlibet quilt.  I have another bag all ready to embellish with yo-yos and buttons shaped like cherries.  Sadly, I can only do the embellishment on the non-functional machine.  Will have to put that project on the back burner.

I have one more day to finish getting ready - which also includes typing up prices and getting the business card wizard to cooperate with me.  Sure hope I can get it all done!  :)

No comments: