Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Happy May Day - Happy Spring!

What a delight to find a handmade May Basket
just waiting for me when I got home from work!  

Every April 1st, children at the nearby grade school make up May Baskets and leave them at neighboring homes. 

I've been blessed with these wonderful homemade creations every May Day for the last 15 years.  Ah the pure joy and delight of children - makes me forget whatever troubles I may have been thinking of and just feel happy through and through!

And Spring has FINALLY sprung in my neck of the woods.  What a beautiful thing.  I feel alive again!  Soon I'll have a decent lawn and garden report to share.  Can't wait! :)

Disclaimer: To my friends and family in Northern Wisconsin and Minnesota, I apologize for this cheery, spring-themed post.  I know you are being walloped by a May Day storm.  Ugggh!  Hang in there - winter surely CAN'T last much longer!

No comments: