Search This Blog

Thursday, May 30, 2013

A Little Quilting - Finally!

I've done a little sewing at long last!  Took me forever to find my fabric, thread, bobbins, to set up my machine and remember my piecing settings!  Have had my supplies packed to move (in just a few weeks now).  It actually took me longer to get set up than to make the block itself.  LOL

But I'm leaving my stuff out now.  It'll go with me to my next (temporary) home.  Can't wait until we get settled into our (yet unknown) final destination.  There WILL be a new quilting room in my future.

This block is for a group project.  It's perfect for a group project because it can be completed by all skill levels, even beginners.  While I'm kind of a particular about my points, its nice to know the points don't have to be perfect to look good because they don't come all the way to the edge of the block.  This is also a plus for the person putting all the blocks together! 

You can find the pattern at http://quiltbug.com/pdf/star-fling.pdf

Hope you have fun! :)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can never go wrong with a star!!! and that one is lovely (of course I'm really partial to that particular color duo!!!! LOL!). So glad you got your "necessities of living" out!! Blessings! Doreen