Search This Blog

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Crafters Breakfast March 2012

Had a lovely Crafters' Breakfast at Judy's house. 
Judy set a beautiful table. Rather than using placemats, each place setting was on two hot pads - all of which were hand pieced and hand quilted by an elderly woman in our group. Its amazing that she continues to quilt despite limited eye sight. 
She does nice work!
I'd never been to to Judy's place before,
but felt right at home when greeted by this bird quilt in the entry way.  
Also in the entry way were...
...an apple quilt, a welcome quilt, and...
...these beautiful ginko leaves. 
Like the hot pads, this pillow is hand pieced and quilted.
After we cleared the table, I got a nice shot of Mr. Rabbit.  He added a festive touch to the table, and put us in the mood for Spring.
This wool blanket hangs at the staircase landing.  Such beautiful blues!
In Judy's kitchen I spotted my own creation - the Audacious Autumn quilt.  But I can see the quilt is too heavy for the light dowel rod I used.  Next time we meet I'm going to put a sleeve on the bottom to even the lower edge, and insert a sturdier rod on top.
I learned why Judy liked this quilt so much.  Her husband is color blind - but he can see RED very well.  This quilt was a gift to him.
Here more red spices up the area above the stove. 
Judy's flowers were lovely.  Here is a clivia in bloom.  She also had beautiful blooming pointsettias - well into March.  I was certainly impressed - mine never see the end of January!  

Thank you Judy for your a lovely meal and visit. :)

1 comment:

Doreen said...

Thank you for the lovely post! Looks like a delightful time together!