Search This Blog

Monday, March 19, 2012

Bottle Quilt Burnout

As with every large project, there comes a time when my enthusiasm for the project wanes - and I'm nowhere near done.  I always manage to overcome this love-turned-to-hate phase and end up with a project I'm happy with.  But right this very minute I don't want to see another bottle for a long, long time!!!

This quilt was easy and fun to piece.  But thanks to my decision to improve my FMQ skills by outlining the fruits and veggies - it's been a devil to quilt.  16 of 20 bottles are done.  Just gotta keep on pluggin' away.   

I'm debating if I need to ditch stitch the outline of each bottle and lid.  Each one would have 11 turns, so for 20 bottles, that would be 220 turns.  Don't know if I have the patience to do that...hopefully I have quilted them well enough that it won't be necessary.  :)

2 comments:

Doreen said...

Oh no! You don't want another UFO, do you?? and so close! Are you able just to 'put it aside' NOT 'put it away' for a while and do a quick, very different project???? I know you can complete it.....sense of accomplishment and all that!?! I know your feeling, though, and can empathize! Hugs.....

Ivory Spring said...

WOW! What a stunner.