Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Wednesday Wellness - Eat Right with Color

Eat Right with Color was the American Dietetic Association's slogan for National Nutrition Month (March) 2011.

AND its a great way to make a 1400-1600 calorie diet filling and satisfying.  Each night I fill two good sized containers - one with veggies, one with fruit or (even easier, just grab) two whole pieces of fruit.  Then I pack a sandwich with 1 oz. lean meat and 1 oz. cheese on gluten free bread, with only enough margarine to make the sandwich stick together.  These foods keep me full and satisfied from about 6 am to 6 pm. 

Now that I'm back to regular exercise, I'm more motivated to stay on a diet because I don't want to "waste" a perfectly good workout!  An added bonus: this time of year the produce variety is going up and prices are coming down.  Early summer really is a great time to eat right with color!  :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great ideas! And I love the theme, "Eat with color!"