Search This Blog

Friday, June 10, 2011

Friday Night Sew In - Origami Bags

These are future origami bags.  I started them last fall.  Since I'm between projects, its a good time to finish them up.  I am also looking for fabrics for additional bags.  Just ordered the following from Fun Fabrics/True Legends:
Elvis Red Flower

Elvis on Red
I'm hoping they'll look good together.  Want to make a bag for a friend who is retiring.  She's a quilter, and a BIG Elvis fan, so this fabric was too cute to pass up.  If they don't look good together, I can pick up a fat quarter of fabric with musical notes on it.  Black/Red or Black/White would look good.  The fabric should be here in 3-5 days.  I can't wait!

Meanwhile, I've been wanting to make an origami bag for myself to toss in my gym bag.  When I go to the Y directly from work, I'm usually wearing some sort of jewelry.  An origami bag holds jewelry nicely.  So I looked for sports-themed fabric.  Found the usual, golf, soccer, baseball, etc.   My favorite so far is this: 
This would be unbelievably cute with a red/pink geometric pattern.  I'm so sad this weight-lifting frog fabric is only available in precut squares.  I need 1/2 yard or a fat quarter.  If you like this, it's available from:

http://www.snowflake-designs.com/flannel-weight-lifting-frog-fabric.htm

Happy Stitching! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had to look twice to see the weight-lifting frog. Very cute!