Search This Blog

Sunday, January 2, 2011

One UFO Done for 2011

Made some barnyard Christmas placemats, but they looked like they needed a little something more.  Came across an easy tutorial and got started on napkin holders.

This provided a great opportunity to familarize myself with the button hole function on my machine.  I think I'm easily amused, as I thoroughly enjoyed watching the button holes magically appear in the right place and at the right size.  :)


And here they are:

Now  I have all of 2011 to decide if I'll keep these placemats for myself, give them as a gift or donate to a pre-holiday fundraiser.  The completion of this task means I can begin sifting, sorting and reorganizing my sewing space.  Then you can expect even bigger and better things!  :)

1 comment:

Pat said...

I bought a new machine last July and have been intimidated by the buttonhole attachment. You've encouraged me to try it out. (of course I'll have to dream up a project for it) Love your placemats!