Two weeks, 1276 pins, and many miles later...I finally found my binding fabric. Hooray! I knew it would take time to get this quilt pin-basted, so I took my time selecting a binding. The search spanned several weeks and LQSs in three states.
Funny part is, I found the fabric at The Stitcher's Crossing (See http://www.stitcherscrossing.com/ )...which is right where my search began. The tone on tone fabric will blend perfectly with the homespun backing, and echoes the purple squares in the quilt. Got some great advice from the folks at Stitcher's Crossing about types of thread, colors, etc. Found a fun variegated purple that I'll use in the purple squares and on the outer border. Can't wait to get started!