Search This Blog

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Black Belt Test, Food and Fun


My nephew Michael tested for his black belt in Tae Kwon Do.  This makes him the 4th black belt in our family.  My dad was a third degree black belt in Judo.  My boys are black belts in Karate, and now Michael has a black belt too.  Very cool.

My sister pulled out all the stops on the party preparations.  She made the invitations to show the belt colors, starting at white...on up to black.  The M&Ms reflected belt colors too.  There was one fruit and one veggie for each belt color.  Plates and balloons followed suit.  The cake was fabulous.  She uses a recipe book called the Cake Doctor.  I HAVE to get a copy of that book.

The last picture shows Michael holding up his new uniform - love that cheesy grin!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Chris,

Thank so visiting - I hope the outline quilting goes well for your Kaffe fabric!:)

What a cute Karate cake.