Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Wellness Expo

Today was the Wellness Expo at my workplace.  Here is my booth, complete with samples of 3 oz. protein portions, nutrition handouts, and fruits and veggies galore in the form of a poster, food models and... THE Picnic Quilt - made by yours truly!  This proved to be a great way to get conversation going.

Speaking of nutrition and wellness, I've decided to join my friend Stephany's weight loss challenge
(http://a-ditchin-time-quilts.blogspot.com/). Here are a few thoughts to anyone wanting to make changes (dietary or otherwise)....

1.  It takes about 21 days to establish a new habit. Expect to make mistakes.
2.  Keep a log.  You can count calories, carbs, fat grams or glycemic index...find what works for YOU.
3.  If you have not been active, talk to your doctor first, then begin exercise gradually to reduce risk of injury.
4.  NO guilt.  If you cheat at one meal, don't skimp on the next. Start fresh with each meal or snack.
5.  All foods can fit.  Work in modest, reasonable amounts of your favorite foods (chocolate, for me). 

I hope to see lots of us joining the Wednesday Weigh In!

No comments: