Search This Blog

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Chain Piecing on Janome Horizon

Been getting to know my new machine.  It only took me half a quilt to figure out I wasn't using the right stitch, LOL.  And this baby has more feet than a centipede.  One thing I figured out fast was how NOT to feed the fabric.  The Horizon does not like points.  Gotta lose those points or they get sucked right on down into the machine.  That's probably true for most machines, but I am a bit dissappointed by this.  I'm keeping an open mind though, as the dealer will be holding classes for new users (after the next shipment comes in).  I'm not up-to-speed on the whole accu-quilt feature.  Will have to investigate before I quilt my next (rather large) project.  Happy Quilting.  :)

1 comment:

SueWis said...

Sounds like you are having fun with your new toy. :) Which stitch was wrong? The new user class should be fun and informative!