Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Thank You Mother Nature

There's been far less activity at the bird feeder now that food sources are abundant.  But patience and persistence pay off.  Looked outside and noticed something blue on the ground.  I did a double take because ONE is a dog toy...but I saw TWO!  Lo and behold a male Eastern bluebird was below the feeder.  I've lived here for 20 years and NEVER saw a single blue bird in this neighborhood.  What a thrill!  I sat quietly with my binoculars while Mrs. Bluebird approached. The two of them sat still long enough for me to identify them.  Know why they have a red breast?  Cuz they're cousins to the Robin.


Out of the corner of my eye I saw a yellow blur.  Mrs. Cardinal was collecting nest material, but had trouble convincing the chosen twig to come with her. She fluttered there for several minutes.

At the same time Mama Chipmunk came out from under the deck, and stuffed at least a dozen maple seeds in her pouches.  While she was busy, one baby chipmunk came onto the deck to explore.  It was soooo cute!

Thank you Mother Nature, thank you so much!


2 comments: