Search This Blog

Monday, August 1, 2011

Quodlibet Blocks

Hot weather gave me an excuse to do less gardening and more stitching.  The great thing about the Quodlibet pattern is the freedom to switch it up and try new things.  I never was very good at flying geese before, but feel pretty comfortable making them now.  A few of the checker board squares were the result of mismeasuring, but I liked how they turned out and they'll fit quite nicely.  The directions say "When assembling the quilt, blocks will be chopped off to make rows fit, a crooked seam here and there will add interest, this quilt is meant to have a more freeform look, so just have fun creating."  And that is exactly what I have been doing!  I'm working on zig zag blocks now.  

FYI - A quodlibet is "a whimsical combination of familiar melodies or texts."  The quilt is designed by Judy Hasheider, from Quilt with Judy.  I emailed her with some questions(quiltwithjudy@tds.net) and she was very helpful.  I'm partial to some of her other designs, which can be found at www.quiltwithjudy.com.  :)

No comments: