Search This Blog

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Fabric Flowers (Playing with Fire)

The hem on this dress reminds me of the last time I let my sister cut my hair.  She couldn't get it even, so she took a little off one side, and then the other, and so on - until my hair was 6" shorter than expected.  Frustrated by the hem, I turned my attention to possible embellishments.  Found this great tutorial for making fabric flowers:

http://www.simplyvintagegirl.com/blog/index.php/2010/05/29/tutorial-how-to-make-lovely-fabric-flowers/

Feeling cranky, I immediately seized this opportunity to play with fire!  Heck, I needed to test my smoke alarms anyway.  (Kids - don't do this without adult supervision.)  Not to worry - the smoke alarms never made a peep.  Here is the resulting flower:

It needs a few beads in the center.  And I'll probably make a few more flowers for practice.  But ya know what?  I think I like it!  :)