Search This Blog

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Quilting Again

Today I got to do some quilting for the first time in a looooong time.  Hooray!  Most of the remaining funky rails will be done in light fabrics.  They're not difficult, but there sure are a lot of them - and they come in four different sizes. 

The chevrons were a little tricky.  The pattern called for piecing a whole lot of narrow strips...but when I saw this striped fabric, I knew I could save considerable time.  It also provided a palette to round out the red, black, white and cream shades I had already selected.  If I make this quilt again, I'd mix up the pieces so the left and right side of each chevron are not a mirror image of one another.  Makes it more interesting.

This round of quilting may have to last me a while.  The weather man says it should cool off soon - that means I'll need to work outside.  Gotta make hay while the sun shines!  :)

No comments: