Search This Blog

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Jack-in-the-Pulpit & Other Fun Stuff

Here is my Jack-in-the-Pulpit.  I've been coming home from work each day, wondering when the blossoms will open?  Then a friend told me that they open by day, and close at night.  So this weekend I snapped this picture.  Pretty cool, huh?

The last post of my backyard showed logs that weighed more than I do, and a huge stump.  What you can't see is that I had a second stump ground up as well.  Also had a tree on the side of the house trimmed and thinned, so the side and front lawn also took a beating.  I started dividing hostas in front, which eventually became an enormous task - I divided and gave away around 100 plants!  Rearranged the hosta bed, hauled many loads of mulch from back to front.  Then filled in all the holes in the lawn and reseeded.  Bottom line: No quilting going on lately - but I think that's about to change.
Between lawn and garden projects, I attended a wedding.  See the littlest boy?  I made him a baby quilt two years ago.  He carries it everywhere.  See the biggest boy?  Now he wants one too!  :)

No comments: