Search This Blog

Friday, February 18, 2011

Crochet with Plastic Bags

While killing time in the surgical waiting room yesterday, I met a woman who was crocheting a tote bag - much like this one.  It was  attractive, springy/stretchy to the touch, and very STRONG!  Tres gauche for grocery shopping!

Having feared that yesterday might be my last opportunity to see my 101 year old grandmother alive, I hastily fled to her bedside.  In the process, I didn't stop to think, "Gee, maybe I should take my camera along, in case I see something crafty!"  Happily, Grandma came through surgery with flying colors.  But you'll just have to take my word that it was a good lookin' bag!

The young lady in this video demonstrates the technique.  She has crocheted a variety of items in addition to tote bags:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i1W9Mi7jPM 

Another link on the same topic is quite creative and entertaining: http://vimeo.com/11987019


It might be fun to try a craft that doesn't leave me covered in thread and pins! :)

3 comments:

Barb said...

What a great way to use up those grocery bags instead of putting them in land fills.

Anonymous said...

thanks for this nice post 111213

Anonymous said...

thanks for this tips