Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Star Chain Outer Border

Here's a funny thing: The directions for the border say to cut all your strips into 4 1/2" rectangular pieces and then piece them together one by one.  I thought the whole idea was to sew long strips together and then cut it sideways into rows.  I did the latter and came up with almost enough to complete the entire border. 

Another funny thing: Last night the doorbell rang four times, the phone rang countless times and I was dog-sitting, so the two beasts were racing through the house like holy terrors.  Put them outside and they lay down in the grass.  Let them back in and they start zooming around again!  Each time the doorbell rang they went bonkers.  Its a wonder I got any sewing done at all.  :)

2 comments:

Pat said...

I love your border!!!! It's perfect for your quilt. Truly beautiful.

Joanne said...

The quilt is really looking beautiful!