Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Wednesday Wellness - Partners & Perserverance

My Sweetie and I joined the YMCA five weeks ago.  Approaching fitness as a tag team has been tremendously helpful.  It gives us more time together, and if one is not motivated to exercise, the other one is.  Who's gonna let their partner down?  Not I!

The other day I overheard a trainer working with a woman about my size and my age.  He said many people don't lose pounds or inches in the first few weeks and they give up too quickly.  This woman did not lose pounds for several months.  But she perservered, establishing regular exercise habits and enjoying better physical condition.  And then she DID start losing -  and losing steadily. 

Ya know what?  More than one person benefitted from that pep talk! 

I'd put forth a month of effort, and saw no weight loss.  With my spirits bolstered by the trainer's words, I pressed on.  A week later my clothes began loosening up.  Today, finally, the scale started moving in the right direction again. 

If you're struggling to lose weight, keep up the good fight.  Its not easy to change both your eating habits and exercise habits all at once.  Be forgiving and patient with yourself.  Grab a friend to help you stay motivated, and above all, perservere! :)

No comments: