Search This Blog

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Etsy - Here I Come!


One week ago, I launched a business on Etsy - the shopping website that allows you to,
 
"Buy unique handmade and vintage items directly from independent sellers around the world." 

The items pictured in this post are items I've sold so far.


To see my own little shop, go to: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ChrissQuiltsnCrafts

Original name, I know - but that's what people know me as.


Its a little crazy to launch a business just 3 weeks before Christmas,
but I wanted to keep my 2012 New Year's resolution before the year was out. 
 
Besides, I broke all the others!  LOL

As I launch this business, I'm working full time; trying not to use vacation; preparing to sell my house; trying to decorate, bake, wrap, etc. and of course, keeping up with the usual chores and errands.   

Funny thing is - it all seems to be working.  I'll have a lot of homework to do in 2013 - fun stuff like international shipping, and sales taxes.  But so far I'm truly enjoying my contact with customers.  Some have shared who they'll be giving my item to, and asking if I'll put a card in the package for their loved one.  That feels good!

I've you've dabbled with Etsy, please share your story.  How did it work out for you?  What did you learn along the way?  I'd love to hear from you. 

Thanks and Happy Holidays!   

Chris :)

No comments: