Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Applique Adventures


   Had some setbacks on the way to producing two squares with applique apples and leaves.

   Thought I'd try doing applique on my sewing machine.  It was quickly apparent that my machine was mutliating my work.  HORRORS!

   Then I decided to do it by hand.  However, fusible web is new to me...trimmed the applique too close and found it was fraying, web or no web.   Frustrated, I set it aside for a week (or three). 

   Finally, I resorted to the technique I learned from Grandma, and got better results, pictured here.  On to piecing the rest of this table runner.

   FYI - my grandmother will be 100 years old this weekend.  Happy Birthday Grandma!

1 comment:

Christine Hartelt said...

I admire your perseverance. The end result is beautiful. I wouldn't have had the patience. I guess patience is what quilting is all about.