Search This Blog

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Audacious Autumn - Another UFO

Started "Audacious Autumn" in a class.  The pieces are pre-cut.  All I have to do is sew them together.  The class was about how to quilt in sections.  In thinking about it, the kit was unnecessary (and expensive), because we practiced the actual technique on muslin quilt sandwich blocks.  The technique seems like it would work best on a piece that is straight line quilted.  Not so sure how it would look for something that is FMQ.  In fact, I may not quilt this in sections at all.  But at least I know how to do it for my full sized quilts.  I also learned about two products that will save a lot of time and effort - fusible batting and batting tape.  Gotta get those before I quilt anything else!
I've got a quilt retreat in October, so I can make up for lost time - summer projects took a BIG bite out of my sewing time.  Judging from the blogs I follow, that's pretty common (at least for those of us in the Northern hemisphere). 

I hope your summer was good!  Happy quilting! :)

No comments: