Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Valentine Bags


I've been making Valentine gift bags.  I just love this fabric!  I made 4 conversation heart bags.  They'd be perfect for a little girl to use as a small purse or Valentine mailbox. 
This bag is a little more grown up and romantic - just waiting to be filled with Valentine goodies or gifts - what a great way to hide some jewelry!  I've made one, but three more are cut out, ready to be sewn, folded and sewn.
This has a more of a country feel to it.  I adapted the pattern from Martha Stewart's gift bag tutorial.  I only had enough fabric for two.  What a great way to use up scraps.  Next time I make a bag like this, I'm going to make a slightly bigger ruffle at the top to best show off the coordinating contrast fabric that was so lovingly selected.
Once I finish the last few bags, I have a small quilt I'm working on AND I want to make some scrappy Valentine cards.  So many quilts, so little time!  :)

No comments: